Hyundai Key Fob
The Hyundai key fob is a truly advanced piece of technology, and it only gets better if you’re using Android. If you’ve got an Android phone, take advantage of Hyundai Digital Key! Through an official app from Hyundai, you can use your Android phone to access and start your car, meaning you don’t even have to take your key out of your pocket. Greg Hubler Hyundai would love to tell you all about Hyundai Digital Key or provide you with a Hyundai key replacement should the need arise. Thankfully, our service team is right by Anderson in Muncie and we’re always willing to help Hyundai drivers drive smarter!
How to Program a Hyundai Key Fob
- Get inside your vehicle and close all of the doors.
- Use your key and turn your vehicle into accessory (ACC) mode on the ignition.
- Next, you’ll hold the “open” or “unlock” button on your key fob until you notice your vehicle’s lights flashing.
Note that this only works on Hyundai key fobs that have already been programmed to your Hyundai in the past. If you’ve got a brand-new Hyundai key fob, you’ll want to hit up our service center for help.
Hyundai Digital Key Facts
Right now, Hyundai Digital Key is only available to Android users. The app can be found in the Google Play Store and it allows you to seamlessly blend your phone into your car for an unprecedented level of convenience. You can get inside your car, lock it, unlock it, start it, and keep in the know on your car’s stats no matter if you’re headed to Yorktown or across the country.
However, if you’re an iPhone user, you’ll have to wait a little longer to take advantage of Hyundai Digital Key. Hyundai will soon roll out iPhone compatibility on select vehicles.
Hyundai Key Fob Replacement
How to Open Your Hyundai Key Fob
Before you replace the battery in your Hyundai key fob, you’ll want to get the battery out of the unit. This is what you should do.
- For Newer Models: Take out the metal key in your Hyundai key fob by pressing and holding the Remove the metal key in your Hyundai key fob by pressing and holding the metal tab or button, then use it to open the back cover by inserting it into the small opening and turning in either direction.
- For Older Models: Use a coin or a flat blade screwdriver to pop open your Hyundai key fob from the small notch or indentation along the outside.
How to Replace a Dead Hyundai Key Fob Battery
After you get the Hyundai key fob open, this is what you’ll want to do.
- Carefully lift the circuit board to expose the battery.
- Check the battery type and buy a replacement – most Hyundai models use a CR2032 battery.
- Insert the Hyundai key fob battery replacement, ensuring as you do that all the appropriate connections are in contact with the new battery.
- If you have a newer Hyundai model and need to remove the metal key, be sure to replace it once your key fob has been put back together.
If you’re looking for a Hyundai key replacement, we’re the place to get it done! We always use genuine OEM parts, meaning they’re made by Hyundai to be the best possible fit. Just come on by and we’ll get you hooked up with a new Hyundai key fob.
Get Back on the Road with Greg Hubler Hyundai
Marion drivers often fret when it comes to getting their vehicle maintained. We hope to make a very different impression when you come to us! We’re right here in Muncie and we’re always willing to take on the challenges that face your vehicle. Contact us today and we’ll help you out!