What does certified pre-owned mean? Anderson and Yorktown drivers ask us these questions all the time. CPO stands for “certified pre-owned.” Certified Pre-owned Hyundai models are recent-year used vehicles in like-new condition that sell at used car prices. They also come with a number of additional perks.
But what exactly does Hyundai certified pre-owned mean? When you buy a Hyundai CPO vehicle for your Anderson commute, you can take advantage of like-new features without paying the price of a new vehicle. CPO models must pass a rigorous inspection in order to be sold with a certified pre-owned Hyundai sticker, so you’ll be driving home to Yorktown in a like-new model. Additionally, your new-to-you car will be backed by the Hyundai certified pre-owned warranty. Learn more about Hyundai CPO models today before exploring our inventory in person!
Hyundai CPO Vehicle Requirements
In order for a Hyundai model to quality for the Hyundai certified pre-owned program, it must follow strict certification guidelines. Each vehicle will need to be inspected and pass a road test, so only the best of the best will be sold in our CPO Hyundai inventory.
- 173-point Inspection***: Each Certified Pre-owned Hyundai undergoes an extensive 173-point inspection to ensure like-new quality.
- Hyundai Certified Technicians: Your CPO Hyundai will be inspected by a Hyundai-certified technician who knows these vehicles inside and out.
- Recent Model: Each model is no more than 5 years old.
- Mileage: Each qualifying model has less than 60,000 miles.
- Clean Bill of Health: Must have a clean title verified by CARFAX®.
Should I Buy a Certified Pre-Owned Hyundai?
Buying a CPO vehicle is a smart choice if you want to get behind the wheel of a cost-effective car without worrying about its quality. You can access a like-new model without paying the price tag. You can also rely on our used vehicle specials for further savings! Better yet, you can take advantage of the Hyundai certified pre-owned warranty for additional protection.
Hyundai CPO Benefits
In addition to like-new quality, Hyundai CPO models come with a number of benefits, including:
- Residual Value✝: Hyundai models that meet CPO requirements see an increase of $2,349✝ in value once certified.
- New Vehicle Limited Warranty*: 5-years/60,000 miles of bumper to bumper coverage.
- Powertrain Warranty**: 10-years/100,000 miles of coverage for your engine.
- Roadside Assistance✝✝: 10-years/unlimited-miles of assistance.
- Hybrid/EV Battery Warranty*: 10-years/100,000-miles of coverage.
- SiriusXM®: A 90-day, “all-access” trial of SiriusXM® is included.
- CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™: All CPO Hyundai models come with an extensive overview of every repair and maintenance they’ve ever undergone.
Drive Home to Marion in a CPO Hyundai Today!
If you have further questions about the Hyundai certified pre-owned warranty or program details, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team! We’d be happy to help you decide on a new, used, or CPO model. Stop by our dealership in Muncie when you’re ready to take a test drive. We look forward to helping you find your ideal Hyundai model!
* From original in-service date and zero (0) miles.
** From original in-service date and zero (0) miles. $50 deductible per repair visit applies. See dealer for program benefit details.
*** 179-point inspection with EV/HEV/PHEV; 190-point inspection with Equus.
**** Hyundai Roadside Assistance services are provided through the American Automobile Association, Inc., Heathrow, FL, and its affiliated motor clubs, which are independent contractors of Hyundai Motor America. Hyundai Motor America makes no guarantee or warranty regarding the services provided by the American Automobile Association, Inc. and its clubs, and is not liable for the actions of their employees or subcontractors. Hyundai Motor America reserves the right to limit services or reimbursement to any owner or driver when, in Hyundai Motor America’s judgment, the claims are excessive in nature, frequency or type of occurrence.
✝ $2,349 represents the national value of benefits included in the purchase of a Hyundai CPO vehicle as compared to a non-certified used Hyundai. Since $2,349 represents an average for all Hyundai CPO vehicles sold nationally, individual value received may vary. See dealer for program benefit details.
✝✝ From original in-service date.